Hubble SkyHub-B Wireless & USB Digital Setting Circle System
Price: $249Payment Info
Hubble SkyHub-B with our revolutionary encoders (The Android Tablet and Sky Safari in the picture are NOT included!)
- Thanks to David Ek's wonderful ASCOM DSC driver, now you can enjoy many wonderful Windows based Astronomy software such as TheSky, Sky Map Pro, Earth-Centered Universe, Cartes du Ciel (Sky Chart), and Stellarium with SkyHub-B on your Windows XP/Vista/7.
- It also supports USB connection with MAC Book, so you can use Sky Safari on a Mac directly connected with SkyHub-B via a USB cable.
- It supports Bluetooth to Android and Windows devices, and USB connection to MS Windows and Mac OS devices(Mac Book). It does NOT support the Bluetooth connection to any iOS device.
- It works with Sky Safari on iPad/iPhone/iPod when an optional Skyfi WiFi receiver is connected to SkyHub-B via the USB port!
- The Hubble SkyHub-B is a Bluetooth/USB based controller which constantly monitors the position of the telescope via two encoders attached to two telescope axes. This position information is sent to an Android, Windows, iOS or Mac OS based device, and the scope’s pointing direction is then updated on the screen in real time via your favorite planetarium software.
- Just point your scope to any star, and touch the same star on the Sky Safari, which will complete the one star alignment. Then you simply touch any star on the screen, and move you scope until your Scope’s position mark exactly meets the target star on the screen …“Ding”, done!
- Optionally, you can perform a two star alignment at any time for better pointing accuracy.
- Sky Safari (Pro) features 15.3 million stars, 740,000 galaxies, and 550,000 solar system objects, including all the comets and asteroids ever discovered.
- Hubble SkyHub-B Digital Setting Circle comes with revolutionary high resolution (8192 PPR), extremely compact, and highly energy efficient ball bearing encoders. It is 80% more power efficient, and is only about 15% size of a traditional encoder.
- The regular, or rechargeable 6 AA external batteries box, or a 9V internal battery can be used. About 20-30 hours operation time for the regular and rechargeable external batteries. The operations times are based on household Duracell MN1500 and DC1500.
- You can find any satellite or comet!
UL16, SkyHub-B and Stellarium in action!
Key features of Stellarium:
- The default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
- Asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- Constellations for twelve different cultures
- Images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
- Realistic Milky Way
- Very realistic atmoslihere, sunrise and sunset
- The lilanets and their satellites
- Much much more...
Orion on Stellarium
Planets on Stellarium
Constellation art on Stellarium
Q: Does SkyHub-B work with my non Hubble UL telescope?
A: Yes, it actually work with any kind of telescope supported by your planetarium software, such as German EQ Mount, Equatorial Fork, Alt-Az Fork (Dobsonian) and EQ platform.
Q: Does SkyHub-B work with my own encoders?
A: It should work with any TTL-compatible quadrature encoders such as Single-ended US digital encoders, S1/S2/S3/S5/S6. By default, our encoder housing and bracket supports metric 6mm diameter encoder shaft.
Click here for the instructions manual PDF - the Guide and Setup Process.
Price:is $249 + 45 which includes Shipping and Handling
Complete DSC System, with the receiver, encoders, brackets and cables, and battery cage:
Please specify your requested options in your payment.
SkyHub-B is sold and shipped as a kit, and some easy assembly is required. Shipped in about 2 weeks after the order.