- Hubble Bluetooth Digital Setting Circle system, combined with Sky Safari on
an Android device (Tablet or Smart Phone) is the most powerful Digital
Setting Circle system at an extremely affordable price.
- Thanks to David Ek's wonderful ASCOM DSC driver, now you can enjoy
many wonderful Windows based Astronomy software such as TheSky, Sky
Map Pro, Earth-Centered Universe, Cartes du Ciel (Sky Chart), and
Stellarium with SkyHub-B on your Windows XP/Vista/7.
- It also supports USB connection with MAC Book, so you can use Sky Safari
on a Mac directly connected with SkyHub-B via a USB cable.
- It supports Bluetooth to Android and Windows devices, and USB connection
to MS Windows and Mac OS devices(Mac Book). It does NOT support the
Bluetooth connection to any iOS device.
- It works with Sky Safari on iPad/iPhone/iPod when an optional Skyfi WiFi
receiver is connected to SkyHub-B via the USB port!
- The Hubble SkyHub-B is a Bluetooth/USB based controller which constantly
monitors the position of the telescope via two encoders attached to two
telescope axes. This position information is sent to an Android, Windows,
iOS or Mac OS based device, and the scope’s pointing direction is then
updated on the screen in real time via your favorite planetarium software.
- Just point your scope to any star, and touch the same star on the Sky Safari,
which will complete the one star alignment. Then you simply touch any star
on the screen, and move you scope until your Scope’s position mark exactly
meets the target star on the screen …“Ding”, done!
- Optionally, you can perform a two star alignment at any time for better
- Sky Safari (Pro) features 15.3 million stars, 740,000 galaxies, and 550,000
solar system objects, including all the comets and asteroids ever discovered.
- You can find any satellite or comet!
- Hubble SkyHub-B Digital Setting Circle comes with revolutionary high
resolution (8192 PPR), extremely compact, and highly energy efficient ball
bearing encoders. It is 80% more power efficient, and is only about 15% size
of a traditional encoder.
- The regular, or rechargeable 6 AA external batteries box, or a 9V internal
battery can be used. About 20-30 hours operation time for the regular and
rechargeable external batteries. The operations times are based on
household Duracell MN1500 and DC1500.
Hubble SkyHub-B Wireless & USB
Digital Setting Circle System
- Bluetooth V2.0 compatible.
- It support USB connection with MS Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and Mac OS (Mac
- It works with Sky Safari on iPad/iPod/iTouch/iPhone when an optional Skyfi
WiFi receiver is connected to SkyHub via the USB port!
- It works with Sky Safari on a Mac Book directly connected to SkyHub via a USB
- It works with many Windows based planetarium softwares.
- Three LEDs: Power LED, Bluetooth Status LED, and Communication LED.
- 9VDC (6 x AA) external battery box. It also works with an internal 9V battery.
Battery is not included.
- Two revolutionary, 8192 PPR, low power consumption, ball bearing encoders.
- Come with encoder cables, encoders adapters brackets for Hubble UL14, 16,
18 and 20.
- Come with our Sky Fox LT, a simple but powerful Android based Digital Setting
Circle software. It includes all Solar planets, 250 named stars, complete
Messier (110), NGC/IC (7840/5382), Washington Catalog of Double Stars
(WDS), Yale Bright Star catalog and the entire SAO catalogs (258,996 stars),
free of charge.
- It works with Sky Safari on Android devices (with Bluetooth). Sky Safari (Pro)
features 15.3 million stars, 740,000 galaxies, and 550,000 solar system
objects, including all the comets and asteroids ever discovered. Not included.
- Two 8192 high resolution encoders, encoder cables, all necessary encoder
mounting brackets for UL14/16 (or UL18/20), power cables, and a 9V external
battery box are included.
- Hubble SkyHub-B should be compatible with most of Android devices with built-
in Bluetooth profile supporting Bluetooth 2.0 or higher. In case that your
device is not compatible with Sky Hub, please try another device of different
model or brand. If you want to return the system for whatever reason, we will
honor a full refund (excluding the shipping cost for both ways). You should
determine if the SkyHub-B is compatible with your Android device right after
the assembly of the transceiver unit but before installing the system to your
scope. The returned unit must be in the original (sellable) condition.
- The MS Windows applications support is provided "AS IS".
- SkyHub-B is sold and shipped as Kit, and some easy assembly is
- Please specify Bracket for UL14/16, or UL18/UL20. For people who have not
purchased any UL system, we will ship it with the bracket for UL14/16.
- SkyFi WiFi receiver, $159 + $20 S&H. This is needed if you want to use WiFi
based devices, such IPad/IPhone etc. with SkyHub-B
The breakthrough Hubble SkyHub-B Bluetooth & USB Digital Setting Circle
system will more than double your enjoyment and fun with the Heavens, at an
extremely affordable price and unbelievable simplicity and ease of use!
Specifications subject to change without notice.
SkyHub-B is sold and shipped as a kit, and some easy assembly is required.
Shipped in about 2 weeks after the order.
Hubble SkyHub-B with our revolutionary encoders (The Android
Tablet and Sky Safari in the picture are NOT included!)
Our revolutionary, 8192 PPR low power consumption ball bearing encoder
v.s. a traditional encoder
Complete DSC System, with the receiver,
encoders, brackets and cables, and battery
$249 + 45 (Shipping and Handling)
Please specify your requested options in your
UL16, SkyHub-B and Stellarium are in action!
Key features of Stellarium:
- The default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
- Asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- Constellations for twelve different cultures
- Images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
- Realistic Milky Way
- Very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
- The planets and their satellites
- Much much more...
Orion on Stellarium
Planets on Stellarium
Constellation art on Stellarium
Does SkyHub-B work with my non Hubble UL telescope?
A: Yes, it actually work with any kind of telescope supported by your
planetarium software, such as German EQ Mount, Equatorial Fork, Alt-Az Fork
(Dobsonian) and EQ platform.
Does SkyHub-B work with my own encoders?
A: It should work with any TTL-compatible quadrature encoders such as
Single-ended US digital encoders, S1/S2/S3/S5/S6. By default, our encoder
housing and bracket supports metric 6mm diameter encoder shaft.