Hubble 10, 12.5, 17, 20-inch CDK (Corrected Dall-Kirkham), and beyond:
- The Hubble corrected Dall-Kirkham (CDK) optical configuration is a revolutionary optical design.
- It is an affordable, high performance solution for astrophotography and visual use, with a large, flat focal surface that is perfect for modern, high resolution, CCD cameras.
- Outstanding Images - Premium quality, diffraction limited Newtonian optical systems will deliver stunning views of the heavens from dark sky sites.
- Historically: the SCT has been the industry-standard visual, film and small CCD imaging telescope for popular astronomy since the mid-70s. However, the standard SCT has a highly curved focal surface and suffers from considerable comatic aberration, which limits its useful photographic field to a relatively small image circle. For instance, a 10” all spherical SCT can provide 10-micron spot sizes over only a very small field of about 9mm diameter, which is clearly not suitable for today’s high resolution, large format CCDs.
- Combined with our revolutionary sandwich primary, Our CDK 10" and 12.5" optics will bring you superior optical performance in real world situations, even without an active cooling system (Active cooling systems, such as fans, introduce their own serious problems, such as micro vibration, which will degrade the image quality more or less). Our mirrors reach equilibrium extremely fast, and without aid.
- The CDK12.5 primary mirror is made with our revolutionary sandwich mirror. The CDK10 is made with plate or Pyrex solid blank.
- Our 2-section (completely CNC machined) closed tube OTA prototype is not only optimized to reach a zero thermal focal shift, but is also structurally much stronger than a single section tube.
Hubble CDK10 f/8 OTA Specification:
Hubble CDK12.5 f/8 OTA Specification:
Hubble CDK17 f/8 OTA Specification:
Hubble CDK20 f/6.8 Specification:
To buy CDK Optics(Primary, Secondary Mirrors and Corrector) and also find out shipping costs, please e-mail us!
|Diameter||CDK OTA (US$)|
|CDK20 f/6.8, f/11||23,999|
|CDK40 f/6.5||Contact Us|